The chapel has a local history that can be traced back to 1859 when a group of new Christians began meeting in Maynards Green, a small village a mile to the north of Horam. In 1875 the first purpose-built premises were constructed there. Following a revival and an expanding congregation, a new larger Gospel Hall was opened in 1905 which remained the home until 1994, when it was sold.
The move into Horam was a response to a clear call from God and a new site was purchased and the current premises were built and occupied in 1995. It was a considerable expense for a small congregation, but God provided.